Enterprises require a lot more management than a small business does. Larger workforces and network infrastructures don’t make this task any easier, and if you’re not careful, something as important as IT maintenance might fly under the radar. Unfortunately, this can lead to dire consequences that can impede progress and keep operations from pushing forward unhindered.
As a business executive, nobody knows the pains of managing a tight-knit schedule more than you. Between meetings, phone calls, and other communications between other members of your organization, how can you make sure that your technology is in proper working order? The answer is simple–you shouldn’t have to add IT maintenance to your already considerable list of responsibilities. This is why you hire professionals to handle this for you.
We’ll discuss the importance of proactive IT maintenance, as well as how your enterprise can benefit from outsourcing these responsibilities to trusted IT professionals like IronEdge Group.
The Importance of Proactive IT Maintenance
You can never underestimate just how valuable proactive IT maintenance can be for enterprises. Here are just a few ways that your organization can benefit from taking a proactive stance against IT troubles:
- Preventative maintenance: It’s often the case that preventing problems from occurring in the first place is the best way to stop them. Nowhere is this more true than for IT maintenance. By taking proper care of your technology, you can keep issues from transforming into bigger problems. Think of it like a wildfire–if you put it out while it’s still small, you don’t risk it becoming something large, uncontrollable, and destructive.
- Predictable costs: Unlike break-fix IT, which responds to problems after they have occurred, preventative maintenance is designed to give you predictable costs that you can factor into your budget. As long as the service requested falls into your service level agreement, you only pay your monthly rate, rather than large up-front costs that can leave your budget hanging by a thread for months on end.
- Minimal downtime: Downtime is a major factor to consider with any business technology, especially on the enterprise level. For example, if a server fails and you’re left without access to critical technology assets, you’ll have to wait until access has been restored. All of that time is wasted, which can mean a world of difference when it comes time to finish a project. By implementing proactive IT maintenance, you can minimize downtime by preventing it altogether.
- Less waste: By taking proper care of your technology, you’ll have to cycle through less hardware. This means that you will save more on operational costs in the long run, as your technology will last longer and you won’t have to waste assets on replacing hardware that could have easily been repaired through proactive monitoring and maintenance.
The Solution: Outsourced IT
If your internal IT department has their hands full from their myriad tasks, you might wonder how a proactive stance is even possible. The truth is that more enterprises are outsourcing their technology maintenance than ever before, and for good reason. Here are some of the many benefits that you stand to gain by outsourcing all, or even just some, of your IT maintenance to IronEdge Group.
- 24/7 Network Monitoring: Our trusted technicians can continuously monitor your network for any potential issues, allowing them to be resolved before they create major problems for your operations. Even better is that they can often be resolved remotely without the need for an on-site visit.
- Help Desk Support: One of the main holdups that some enterprise IT departments run into is that they are too busy offering support to take care of routine maintenance. Our technicians can take on this responsibility, offering support as it’s needed, so that your internal IT department can focus on other aspects of running your technology infrastructure.
- Routine Maintenance and Patching: Patches and security updates are issued frequently enough that they can pile up if you don’t take the time to implement them as they are released. Unfortunately, depending on the number of users and workstations you have, issuing them isn’t always a simple task. Our technicians can remotely deploy maintenance and patches as they are issued so that you don’t have to worry about installing them on each and every workstation on your network. Plus, we can do it without an on-site visit or after hours so that operations aren’t interrupted during the process.
- And more: If you can think it, we might be able to offer it. From data backup and disaster recovery to business intelligence applications, IronEdge Group can help your business get the most out of its technological assets.
Technology and IT maintenance have become increasingly important aspects of managing an enterprise that you can’t ignore it any longer. To learn more about what we can offer your enterprise, reach out to IronEdge Group.