Navigating the cloud can be intimidating when narrowing down the perfect backup solution for your needs. With a reliable solution in hand, cloud-based backups not only offer convenient off-site file storage but are also a critical component of any business continuity plan. When a sudden disaster strikes, knowing your critical data is safely backed up on a remote server is the first step toward getting your business up and running again. Let’s take a closer look at the key benefits cloud-based backups offer as a component of your business continuity plan.
Business Continuity and Cloud Computing
No business continuity plan would be complete without a cloud backup solution in place. Even a brief disruption in operations can result in a significant loss of productivity and revenue. Business continuity is all about having a strategic plan in place to ensure core business functions remain operational during times of crisis. You can learn more about specific items to include in your business continuity and disaster recovery plan and the difference between the two plans here. But for now, we’ll focus on cloud backups as a critical component of your plan and a solution to prevent data loss.
Cloud-based business continuity is business continuity that relies on the cloud (a remote, cloud-based server) rather than on manual, on-premises backup systems to help businesses recover and minimize disruptions when disaster strikes. As cloud computing continues to see widespread adoption, many businesses are shifting their focus from on-premises to off-premises, cloud-based storage options. According to Statista Research Department, 94% of small businesses shared they used the cloud for data storage or backup. Another noteworthy finding reveals that 82% of small and medium-sized businesses reported reduced costs resulting from adopting cloud technology.
When partnering with the right cloud service provider, you’ll be able to strengthen both your business continuity plan and build greater resilience during challenging times. Key benefits of cloud business continuity include:
- Reduced risk of data loss – Backing up data at an off-site location increases security and reduces the risk of data loss due to incidents such as hard drive failures and cybercriminal activity.
- Convenience and flexibility – With your data in the cloud, you can access your files anytime and anywhere there’s internet access.
- Improved business operations – Seamless backups synch and replicate data to minimize downtime during a disruption.
- Greater scalability – Choose the data you want to store in the cloud and pay for what you use makes it easy to scale to meet your needs.
- Cost-effective – Businesses have an opportunity to eliminate expenses associated with on-premises equipment and security. They also have the option to subscribe to the services they need and adjust accordingly in the future.
- Enhanced security – With tightened security at data centers, files are often safer in the cloud than on-site at your local office. An experienced and reputable cloud IT service provider will ensure proper security protocols are in place, such as user authentication and data encryption.
Cloud Backups and Business Continuity Solutions
As businesses navigate the complex cybersecurity landscape and work to mitigate threats, it’s critical to have the right backup tools in place along with a dependable business continuity plan. Thanks to reliable backup and data recovery partners like Axcient, it’s easy to find a trustworthy solution for managed service providers (MSPs) to protect client data and prevent business delays. Since opening its doors in 2006, Axcient has been on a mission to Keep Business Running and Cure Data Loss. Their successful cloud operations and engineering approach provide over 99% durability, reliability and security to mitigate data loss and take the anxiety out of data protection. For an inside look at Axient’s unique chain-free technology, here’s a quick video clip revealing how Axcient’s backup solution works to protect your data.
Maintaining a reliable backup solution as part of your business continuity plan is an important practice to safeguard files and easily access them through the cloud. At IronEdge, we plan and implement cloud solutions that give you firm control over your data. By keeping security and business continuity top of mind, our team ensures that your data is safeguarded — no matter what challenges come your way.